Tuesday, January 6, 2009

my little miracle-just wanted to share it

So as you all know we went home to California for Thanksgiving and had a really nice time except for a couple of hiccups along the way. When we went to the quaint town of Cameno where the famous Apple Hill is our car was broken into and my purse was stolen. In my purse were some pretty important things (to me). I cancelled all my credit/bank cards and set up new accounts with my banks. I was really disappointed and felt a little violated. When I asked the policewoman taking the report what the chances were of me ever seeing my purse again she said, "one in a million." The night it was stolen Matthew said the nightly prayers with the kids and to my surprise asked for my purse to be returned. I also offered some quiet prayers, although I felt a little guilty taking up his time with such menial matters. We left California and came home and I all but forgot about my purse, assuming that is was gone forever. To my surprise I received a phone call Sunday from a women in Lake Tahoe telling me that she was out on a walk with her dog, while visiting family in Cameno and found my purse in a ditch and she told me she was going to send it to me right away. I know you are all thinking what's the big deal..it's just a purse...Yeah I know it is just a purse, but it's the Lord who cared about my purse and it just feels so good to know he cares about us, every part about our lives....he can divide the red sea and find and return a stolen purse. He hears our prayers, even the quiet ones....

12 comments:

Desiree said...

I'm glad you got your purse back. Thanks for sharing your story.

Jana said...

He really does listen...what a great story.

Malia said...

I cried. Yes cried. Simple yet important. Thanks for sharing your little miracle. I am so happy for you Kaly! I love you!

Tasha said...

I'm pretty sure that I would have been freaking out if my purse was stolen!! I keep so many things in there! Maybe that's why my shoulder hurts all the time!! I am so glad that you got it back!! No matter how insignificant our problems may seem...He's always there!!!!

Ronda said...

Wow, what a great story Kaly, thanks for sharing! We all need to hear about these things once in awhile.

Heather Zwygart said...

You are so right he does listen. even to the little thimgs. I'm so glad you got your purse back!

Stef said...

Isn't it amazing. Never give up on answers to our prayers. Thanks for posting about your experience. So glad you got your purse back and that a very honest person found it.

Brynne said...

Phew! So he wasn't after stealing your car or stalking you at your house after all! Just wanted your money. Glad you finally got it back. Like we talked about before, it's not so much the cash I would be sad about losing, but all the other junk we pack around--kids pictures, full Cafe Rio punch cards, and all the misc sentimental crap! :)

Marci said...

What a great story! Hey do you know what's going on with Tiffany? I haven't heard from her in awhile. You're family is so cute!

fuelMybrain said...

That is great! What a fun thing to whitness (the returning part, not the stolen part). Speaking of stolen part... don't EVER leave anything that looks like a purse/bag in your car in CA... Jeeze you've been out of "the real world" for too long sister. tee hee hee, Love you!!!

fuelMybrain said...

Where have you been in the blog world?????? It's been six months!!!

And I KNOW you have stuff to share. :-D

Julie said...

Hi, Kaly! I just happened on your blog from Glory's. I love that about blogs :-). I also have a blog, but it's private. Send me an email (so I have your email address), and I can send you an invitation. My email is JulieJYoung@hotmail.com. Glad things are going so well!
Hugs,
Julie